American Liberty Scholarship
The American Liberty Scholastic Scholarship has important eligibility requirements. Only eligible students may apply for and qualify to win the American Liberty Scholarship. American Liberty Scholarship is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and does not discriminate in the selection process for a scholarship winner on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, handicap, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other class of peoples protected by the United States Constitution, State and Federal Laws.
In order to be eligible to apply for the American Liberty Scholarship you must comply with the following requirements:
Every person interested in winning the scholarship who visits the website is required to enter personally identifiable information, which includes name, address, telephone number, GPA, last education level completed, type of degree sought, etc., etc., These answers shall be examined to determine the top ten percent of all applicants in any particular month based upon GPA. For example, if 100 people provide their information at the website in the month of October, and ten of those 100 people state (truthfully) that they have a 3.00 GPA; and the other 90 persons who provided their information in October all stated their GPA’s were less than a 3.00, then the top ten shall be considered the finalists for October. The finalists for each month will be provided an additional application form to complete and return to the American Liberty Scholarship. The applications require more information, verification of information already provided (such as proof that your GPA is really a 3.00); and you will also be required to write an essay.
Each applicant will provide scholastic information about themselves, professional and/or work history and an essay. The Scholarship Review Committee shall examine the applications and review all of the information provided, including a thorough review of the essay. The top 2 applicants each month, as determined by the Scholarship Review Committee, in their sole discretion, shall be placed into the “FINALISTS POOL” and shall be eligible to compete against the finalists from every other month. All finalists in the FINALISTS POOL chosen during the months of December of the year before through November of the current year shall compete for the final Scholarship award.
Each of the two monthly Finalists shall receive a Fifty ($50.00) Dollar Gift Certificate to a National Bookseller which they may use to purchase books and/or materials in the furtherance of their educational endeavors.
ALSO, each of the two monthly Finalists shall receive a CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT acknowledging their success in becoming a finalist in a NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
If you are judged the winner, you could receive $5,000.00 which you may use to help pay for tuition for a college education. American Liberty Scholarship supports college bound students with a $5,000.00 scholastic scholarship which one student will be awarded each year on January 30th of the following year (For example, the 2008 scholarship would be awarded on January 30th 2009).
The WINNER is chosen based upon a combination of the following factors:
(1) educational history;
(2) success in education;
(3) professional or work related history
(4) personal success in business or professional endeavors;
(5) the quality of the essay, including grammar, content, and ingenuity.
(*) all of the foregoing factors shall be compared to those of other eligible applicants.
The identities of the members of the Scholarship Review Committee are kept strictly confidential. The scholarship review committee reviews each application in the blind, meaning they know everything about the applicant with the exception of the applicant’s name. This is done to ensure that no committee person can be unduly influenced by an applicant because he or she might know the applicant. The review process is conducted in private and is not subject to review. The purpose is to prevent lobbying of the members of the committee by applicants. The decision of the Scholarship Review Committee is final, non-reviewable and the applications shall not be released to applicants or prospective applicants for any reason whatsoever.
In the first year of the Scholarship, 2008, since the Scholarship program does not begin until April of 2008, the FINALIST POOL shall only consist of the top two monthly winners for the months of April through November of 2008. This means 16 finalists shall compete for the $5,000.00 scholarship in the year 2008. For the year 2009 and all following years, 24 finalists shall compete for the final scholarship award.
In addition to the foregoing there are some additional eligibility requirements as follows:
1. Applicant must have a high school diploma or an equivalent GED.
2. Applicant must use the Scholarship money for tuition only, in college, university or post secondary educational program which he or she attends within twelve (12) months following the award of the scholarship money.
3. You must have the ability to receive electronic communication and open/read/print a *pdf document, because the eligible applicants will be sent the application for the scholarship via email in *pdf format.
4. Employees and relatives of employees of American Liberty Scholarship, Inc. its parent or affiliated companies are not eligible to apply. Employees and family members of the employees of the colleges, universities, advertisers and their affiliates are not eligible to apply.
5. The winner of the $5,000.00 scholarship must verify and prove that the monies are being utilized for the payment of tuition for a college, university or post secondary educational opportunity. If for any reason, the winner cannot attend a college, university or post secondary educational opportunity during the 12 months immediately following the date that the winner is chosen, then the winner must return the $5,000.00 in full to American Liberty Scholarship, Inc. who will then hold the money in escrow to be offered to the first runner up in the scholarship program. At the time the winner is chosen, the Scholarship Review Committee shall choose the first runner up, who shall be eligible to receive the scholarship in the event the winner is unable or unwilling to accept the scholarship for any reason; or because she or he cannot attend a college, university or other educational opportunity during the first 12 months following the announcement of the Winner.
6. All applicants must be US citizens.
7. All finalists and the winner of the AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP may be required to participate in a photo, video and/or film session or other promotional activity whereby AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP may advertise and promote the good work being done by AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP to further the educational opportunities of America’s college bound students. AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material becomes and remains the sole property of AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP. AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose an applicant’s name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning the scholarship of AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP. AMERICAN LIBERTY SCHOLARSHIP may promote or advertise that a winner has won an educational scholarship.
The American Liberty Scholarship is conducted in partnership with other Scholarship Programs (for example, the Graduate Achievement Scholarship) and the top scholarship prize is shared amongst all scholarship partner programs. This means that only one $5,000.00 scholarship shall be awarded between both Scholarship programs each year.